Check out all of the happenings around Monokle in May
If you’re not already in our Discord, join us here to talk all things Monokle.
The past month has been a busy one for our Monokle team and we’re incredibly proud to announce new releases and updates across our suite of tools.
As promised, this past month we delivered a more powerful version of our Policy IDE complete with a way to integrate it into your pull request: our new GitHub bot makes it easier than ever for team leaders to provide guardrails to their entire DevOps team through the power of policy enforcement to ensure higher quality deployments and faster time to market.
We also completed a massive performance overhaul on our Desktop tool creating a much faster experience when loading projects with an extensive number of resources with our Multiple Files Editor and supercharging your cluster connections with an improved Cluster Insights Interface.
You’d think we’d take a break after that but we’re in the zone and have more upgrades already in the works and ready to roll out soon.
- A more compliant Policy IDE with support for private repos. Our free browser-based IDE will make it even easier to provide guardrails for teams and hook validations into your GitOps workflow with support for private repos and industry-standard policies like NIST and CIS for a more productive push left.
- A more powerful version of Desktop – especially for Helm users. With continued improvements to Cluster Mode (events, actions, helm-charts, etc) we will also make creating and editing Helm charts easier than ever.
KubeCon EU was epic!
With more than 10,000 in-person attendees, KubeCon EU was a fantastic opportunity for us to share our love of YAML and policies with the Kubernetes world at large.
We had the pleasure of meeting many of our users as hundreds of people stopped by our Monokle booth to discover all the ways our suite of tools can help them troubleshoot YAML manifests and employ policies in their DevOps workflow to empower teams to achieve higher-quality deployments.
Check out what else we’ve been up to!
- Cloud Unfiltered Podcast with Mike Chenetz: Special Edition from KubeCon: Dev Tools, Monokle & All Things CI/CD
- GitHub OSS Friday Spotlight: Special Edition: Kubernetes YAML Manifests Made Easy
Other things to check out include:
- Developer Guardrails with Custom Resource Validators by Wito Delnat
- Errorproof Kubernetes Deployments with Monokle by Sonali Srivastava
On the final Tuesday of each month, our team hosts a short live stream event to share our work, collaborations, and monthly progress with our user community and answer any questions you might have.
Save the date 🗓️
- May 30th: Monokle Community Call
- June 8th: Kubernetes Community Bilbao Meetup: Policy Validation Made Easy: Tips & Tricks for Quality Deployments
- June 21st: SuseCon 2023: How to (actually) make your application work when you deploy it
We’re always looking for user contributions, feedback – and reasons to give away some swag!
- Complete our in-app feedback form and include your email or help us complete any task marked as a good first issue. Get a Monokle sticker!
- Book a 30 min meeting with our team. Tell us what you think about our latest release. Get a Monokle T-shirt + stickers + PLUSHIE!!
Until next time, happy YAML-ing...!
Developer Advocate - Monokle by Kubeshop
Writing “good” policies is a complex, time-consuming task. Learn to build and troubleshoot policies interactively – with immediate feedback with the power of Monokle Cloud.
Have you been struggling to adopt Kubernetes Pod Security Standards? Monokle is here to help!
Join the Monokle Community in one of these channels: